The first step to having a successful growing season is to review what worked and did not work from the previous season. Many times there are simple and small fundamental changes that can be made to a farms agronomic program that improves production, efficiency, and economic return.
When working with a farm operation on crop planning, I will:
- Review full crop year plans, crop yield and quality results
- Assess and complete crop rotation, crop nutrition and crop protection planning and recommendations
- Review cultivar/hybrid recommendations and selections
- Examine seed quality and seeding rate recommendations
- Recommend and/or review further lab testing/results to enhance further knowledge of areas of concern